2007, Ph.D., School of Business, Renmin University of China
2004, M.A., School of Business, Renmin University of China
2002, B.A., School of Business, Renmin University of China
2018.9-, School of Business, Renmin University of China, Professor of Accounting
2011.9-2012.8, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, Visiting Scholar
2007.7-2018.9, School of Accountancy, Central University of Finance and Economics, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor of Accounting
Accounting Information，Corporate Governance，Corporate Finance
Accounting，Seminar in Accounting
Selected Academic Articles:
1. Bradshaw, Mark, Guanmin Liao, and Mark (Shuai) Ma, 2019, “Agency Costs and Tax Planning when the Government is a Major Shareholder”, Journal of Accounting and Economics 67, 255-277.
2. Giannetti, Mariassunta, Guanmin Liao, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2015, “The Brain Gain of Corporate Boards: Evidence from China”, Journal of Finance 70, 1629-1682.
3. Chang, Chun, Guanmin Liao, Xiaoyun Yu, and Zheng Ni, 2014, “Information from Relationship Lending: Evidence from Loan Defaults in China”, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 46, 1225-1257.
4. Chang, Chun, Xin Chen, and Guanmin Liao, 2014, “What are the Reliably Important Determinants of Capital Structure in China?”, Pacific Basin Finance Journal 30, 87-113.
5. Liao, Guanmin, Xin Chen, Xin Jing, and Jianfei Sun, 2009, “Policy Burdens, Firm Performance, and Management Turnover”, China Economic Review 20, 15-28.
Honors and Awards
The 10th International Symposium on Corporate Governance Best Paper Award, 2019
Outstanding Master's Thesis Supervisor of Central University of Finance and Economics, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Sun Yefang Financial Innovation Award, 2016
National Academic Leader (reserved) in Accounting, 2013
Beijing Higher Education Young Elite Teacher Project, 2013
“Yongjin” Distinguished Research Award of Central University of Finance and Economics, 2010
Chinese Finance Association Annual Meeting Best Paper Award, 2008
Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation of Beijing City, 2008
Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation of Renmin University of China, 2008
RMBS made the Top-50 list of MBA,
EMBA and EE programs——The Financial Times
@Business School, Renmin University of China 京ICP备05066828号-1