University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
PhD in Industrial and Operational Engineering December 2005
(Thesis Title: Robust Supply Chain Design Mechanism)
Master of Science in Financial Engineering December 2001
Master of Science in Industrial and Operations Engineering December 1999
Electrical Power Research Institute, Beijing, China
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering July 1994
Wuhan University （former Wuhan University of Hydraulic and Electrical Engineering）Wuhan, China
Bachelor in Electrical Engineering July 1991
Professor, Business School, Renmin Univ. 07/2019 - now
Associate Professor, Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Tsinghua Univ. 07/2011 – 07/2019
Assistant Professor, School of Business, Singapore Management Univ. 01/2006 – 07/2011 Lecturer, School of Business, Singapore Management Univ. 07/2004 – 01/2006
Summer Associate, Wells Fargo, Charlotte, NC, USA 06/2001 – 09/2001
Business Development Manager, Hainan SIT Corp. Beijing, China 08/1996 - 05/1997
Engineer, Electrical Power Research Institute. Beijing, China 08/1995 – 08/1996
Sales Engineer, ABB. Beijing, China 05/1994 – 08/1995
Uncover laws to describe operations activities, propose methods to improve operations efficiency, and improve social welfare of all operations participants.
Be kind to the students, impart knowledge to the students, and cultivate courage in the students.
Supply Chain Management，Behavioral Operations Management
2014-2019 Board of Directors for the Behavioral Operations Management Sub-Society in China Operations Research Society of China
Honors and Awards
1997-2001, Research Assistantship Award, Engineering Research Centers for Reconfigurable Machining Systems, College of Engineering, University of Michigan
1987-1991, Student Scholarship Wuhan University (Wuhan University of Hydraulic and Electrical Engineering)
Selected Academic Articles:
1. Wu Z.*, Zhu W., Pascal C. (2011) the Newsvendor Problem with Advertising Revenue. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 2011, 13(3): 281-296.
2. Zhao X., Si D., Zhu W.*, Xie J., Shen Z. (2019) Behaviors in VMI and Performance Improvement: An Experimental Study. Production and Operations Management, 2019, 28(7):1818-1836.
3. Song Y., Zhao X., Zhu W.*, Chen Y. (2018) Decision Bias of Strategic Customers with Private Product-value Information: An Experimental Study. Production and Operations Management, 28(5):1305-1319.
4. Angelus A.* and Zhu W. (2017) Looking Upstream: Optimal Policies for a Class of Capacitated Multi-Stage Inventory Systems. Production and Operations Management, 26(11):2071-2088.
5. Zhu W., Gavernani S.*, Kapuscinski R. (2010) Periodic flexibility, information sharing, and supply chain performance. IIE Transactions, 43(3):173-187. A highlighted article selected by the Editor.
6. Zhu W., Wu Z.* (2014) The stochastic ordering of mean-preserving transformations and its applications. European Journal of Operational Research, 239(3):802-809.
7. Wu Z.*, Pascal C., Zhu W. (2012) The newsvendor’s optimal incentive contracts for multiple advertisers. European Journal of Operational Research, 2012, 220(1): 171-181.
8. Angelus A.*, Zhu W. (2013) On the structure of capacitated assembly systems. Operations Research Letters. 41(1):19-26.
9. Chen Y., Zhao X., Zhu W.*, Xie J. (2019) How precious are scarce products? An experimental study on a turn-and-earn allocation mechanism. Decision Sciences, 2019, 50(5):1031-1059.
10. Xie D., Zhu W.*, Zhao X., Xie J. An Experimental Study on Selling Counterfeit Products under Monitoring Policies. Accepted at Journal of the Operational Research Society.
Selected Research Grants:
1. National Natural Science Foundation, Grant No. 71871128, Service Part Demand Forecasting and Inventory Management Using Leading Economic Indicators，2018/01-2021/12，480k.
2. National Natural Science Foundation, Grant No.71371105， A structural study of the production-service supply chain using mechanism design，2014/01-2017/12, 500k.
Corporate Projects、Policy Reports、Business Reports:
1. Open Project of Beijing Key Laboratory，PRRD-2017-ZD1，A study of the Skin Color Measurement Using Hyper-spectrometer，2017/01-2019/12, 100k.
2. Caterpillar logistic demand strategy, Caterpillar Co. (Contract No. 20123000082), 2012/02-2012/06,160k.
3. Caterpillar demand strategy collaboration, Caterpillar Co. (Contract No. 20123000355), 12/2012-05/2013, 190k.
4. Using influence diagram for supply chain management, United Technology (Contract No. 20133000266), 01/2013 – 12/2014, 680k.
5. A theoretical study on the unilateral deterrence game with two players among three parties, PLA 63928 Division (Contract No. 2013ZC037), 11/2013 – 06/2014, 100k.
6. Developing preschool child guarding system based on Bluetooth technology, 0 Corp. (contract No. 20143000044), 12/2013 – 07/2014, 60k.
7. Supply chain risk management, United Technology (Contract No. 20153000247), 01/2015 – 12/2015, 380k.
Supply chain risk management II, United Technology, 01/2016 – 06/2016, 130k.
RMBS made the Top-50 list of MBA,
EMBA and EE programs——The Financial Times
@Business School, Renmin University of China 京ICP备05066828号-1