1998 Ph.D., Finance & Management Science (Double Majors), Queen’s University, Canada
1985 Master, Statistics, Renmin University of China
1982 Bachelor, Statistics, Renmin University of China
2013-Present Professor of Finance, Renmin Business School, Renmin University of China
1999-2013 Assistant Professor and Associate Professor of Finance, School of Accounting & Finance, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
1990-1996 Lecture and Adjunct Lecturer, Dept. of Economics, Concordia University, and School of Business, Queen’s University, Canada
1987-1988 Visiting Scholar, ILR, Cornell University, USA
1985-1990 Lecturer, Dept. of Statistics, Renmin University of China
Assets Pricing, Behavioral Finance, China and International Financial Markets and Institutions, Derivative Securities
Corporate Finance, International Finance, Investment, Assets Pricing, China’s Financial Markets & Institutions
Selected Academic Articles:
1. Li, X., Wang, S., Wang, X., 2017. Trust and stock price crash risk: Evidence from China. Journal of Banking and Finance 76, 74-91.
2. Li, W., Rhee, S.G., Wang, S., 2017. Differences in herding: individuals vs. institutions
in China. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 45, 174-185.
3. Jaggi, B., Li, W., Wang, S., 2016. Individual and institutional investors’ response to earnings reported by conservative and non-conservative firms: Evidence from Chinese financial markets, Journal of International Financial Management and Accounting 27(2), 158-207.
4. Firth, M., Li, W., Wang, S., 2016. The growth, determinants, and profitability of
nontraditional activities of Chinese commercial banks. European Journal of Finance
5. Chen, Y., Wang, S., Li. W., Sun, Q., Tong, W., 2015. Institutional environment, Firm
ownership, and IPO first-day returns: Evidence from China. Journal of Corporate Finance 32, 150-168.
6. Li, W., Wang, S., 2010, Daily institutional trades and stock price volatility in a retail
investor dominated emerging market. Journal of Financial Markets 13(4), 448-474.
7. Lee, B., Li, W., Wang, S., 2010. The dynamics of institutional and individual trading
on the Stock Exchange of Shanghai. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 18(1), 116-137.
8. Leung, T., Rui, O., Wang, S., 2010. Stock splits and insider trading. China
Accounting and Finance Review, 12(1), 64-108.
9. Wang, S., Li, W., 2009. Short-selling, floating constraints, and cross-listed stock
prices. China Accounting and Finance Review 11(4), 47-100.
10. Wang, S., Li, W., Cheng, L., 2009. The impact of H-share derivatives on the
underlying equity market. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 32(3),
11. Firth, M., Li, Y., Wang, S., 2008
Wang, S., Long, C., Wu, W., Xue, H., 2011, Investment Value Analysis of Chinese Commercial Banks, China Financial Publishing House, July 2011. ISBN 978-7-5049-5821-1.
Wang, S. et al., 2000. Facing WTO: China’s Financial Industry and Primary Materials Industries, Economic Management Publishing House, Beijing, China. November 2000. ISBN 7-80162-053-4/F∙50.
Zhou, F., Wang, S., Huang, Y., Applied Mathematical Statistics, The Central Television and Broadcasting University of China Press, June 1987. ISBN 7-304-00078-3/C∙4. (In Chinese)
Key community services
Executive Editor-in-Chief, Frontiers of Business Research in China, since 2013.
Honors and Awards
2016 Best International MBA Teaching Award, School of Business, Renmin University of China.
2012.06 Best Paper Award, for the paper “The growth, determinants, and profitability of nontraditional activities of Chinese commercial banks”, co-authored with M. Firth, and W. Li. The 2nd European Journal of Finance Special Issues Conference on the Chinese Capital Market. June Durham, U.K.
2009.06 Best Paper Award, for the paper “Short-selling and floating constraints and cross-listed stock prices”, co-authored with W. Li. China Accounting and Finance Review International Symposium, Nanjing, China.
2007.09 Hong Kong Asian Capital Markets Research Prize – 2007, for the paper Short interest, insider trading, and stock returns, co-authored with T. Leung and O. Rui, the CFA Institute, the Research Foundation of CFA Institute and the Hong Kong Society of Financial Analyst, Hong Kong, China.
RMBS made the Top-50 list of MBA,
EMBA and EE programs——The Financial Times
@Business School, Renmin University of China 京ICP备05066828号-1