2006 – 2008 Post-doctoral Student, University of North Carolina
2006 Ph.D., Accounting, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
1999 Master, Economics, Central University of Finance and Economics
1996 Bachelor, Economics, Central University of Finance and Economics
Professor Ye emphasizes on the role of accounting in firms' value creation, and examines how managers' cognitive capabilities shape the development of accounting.
Education is to help students to fill the gap between "what they have" and "what they desire" .
The Role of Accounting in Firm Value Creation, Labor and Accounting
Management Accounting, Accounting Research Methodology
1. Agnes Cheng, Weihang Sun, Kangtao Ye, Ning Zhang, The Effect of Auditing on Promoting Exports: Evidence from Private Firms in Emerging Markets, Management Science, forthcoming.
2. Shanshan Zhang, Kangtao Ye, Yijing Cui, Wenjiao Zang, Large Shareholder Incentives and Auditor Choice, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 2019, 38(3): 203-222.
3. Oliver Li, Hang Liu, Chenkai Ni, Kangtao Ye, Individual Investors’ Dividend Tax and Corporate Payout Policies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2017, 52(3): 963-990.
4. Michael Welker, Kangtao Ye, Ning Zhang, (Un)intended Consequences of a Mandatory Dividend Payout Regulation for Earnings Management: Evidence from a Natural Experiment, Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, 2017, 32(4): 510-535.
5. Jigao Zhu, Kangtao Ye, Jennifer Tucker, Johnny Chan, Board Hierarchy, Independent Directors and Firm Value: Evidence from China, Journal of Corporate Finance, 2016, 41: 262-279.
6. Kangtao Ye, Independent Director Cash Compensation and Earnings Management, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 2014, 33: 391-400.
7. Xue Wang, Feng Cao, Kangtao Ye, Mandatory CSR Disclosure and Financial Reporting Quality: Evidence from a Quasi-natural Experiment, Journal of Business Ethics, 2016, 152(1): 253-274.
8. Rongli Yuan, Yingli Cheng, Kangtao Ye, Auditor Industry Specialization and Discretionary Accruals: The Role of Client Strategy, The International Journal of Accounting, 2016, 51(2): 217-239.
9. Jiwei Wang, Kangtao Ye, Media Coverage and Firm Valuation, Journal of Business Ethics，2014, 127: 501-511.
10. Jiwei Wang, Kangtao Ye, Managerial Agency Costs of Socialistic Internal Capital Markets: Empirical Evidence from China, Journal of International Financial Management and Accounting, 2014, 25(1): 1-37.
11. Kangtao Ye, Ran Zhang, Do Lenders Value Corporate Social Responsibility? Evidence from China, Journal of Business Ethics, 2011, 104: 197-206.
2011 Related Party Transactions and Agency Issues
2017 Corporate Governance and Competitive Strategy
Key community services
2019– Management Accounting Advisors, the Ministry of Finance;
2016– Member, the Accounting Standards Advisory Committee of the Ministry of Finance;
2015– Member of the Accounting Theory Committee, Accounting Society of China;
2013– Associate Editor, China Journal of Accounting Studies, A Proceeding of the Accounting Society of China.
Honors and Awards
2018 Best Teacher of the MBA Program, Renmin Business School, Renmin University of China
2016 National Leading Accounting Scholars
2014 The Second Prize of National Teaching Award of Higher Education, the Ministry of Education
2014 The Second Prize of the 13th Outstanding Research Award in Philosophy and Social Sciences in Beijing
2014 The Second Prize of Annual Outstanding Accounting Papers, the Accounting Society of China;
2011 The First Prize of Outstanding Papers, the Ministry of Finance;
2011 Best Teacher of the Postgraduate Program, Renmin Business School, Renmin University of China.
Media Coverage, Speech at Business Forum :
2017 The Second Business School Forum Roundtable, Xinhuanet;
2015 Roundtable on Inclusive Financial Summit;
2012 Interviewed by Los Angeles Times on restructuring of four major accounting firms.
RMBS made the Top-50 list of MBA,
EMBA and EE programs——The Financial Times
@Business School, Renmin University of China 京ICP备05066828号-1