2007 Ph.D., Economics, University of Nottingham, UK
2003 M.Sc., International Business, Lancaster University, UK
2001 B.Sc., Economics, Renmin University of China, P.R. China
2017 Professor in Economics, Renmin Business School , Renmin University of China
2012 Associate Professor in Economics, Renmin Business School, Renmin University of
2008 Assistant Professor in Economics, Renmin Business School, Renmin University of China
2007 Senior Research Fellow, China Policy Institute, University of Nottingham
International Trade, International Business
PhD: Advanced Econometrics MIB: International Business StrategyBSc: Econometrics
Selected Academic Articles:
1. Shaheer, N., Yi, J., Li, S., and Chen, L. (2018), “State Owned Enterprises as Bribe Payers: The Role of Institutional Environment”, Journal of Business Ethics (SSCI), forthcoming.
2. Yi, J., Teng, D., and Meng, S. (2018), “Foreign ownership and bribery: Agency and institutional perspectives”, International Business Review (SSCI), Vol.27, No.1, 34-45.
3. Yi, J., Hong, J. Hsu, W., and Wang, C. (2017), “The role of state ownership and institutions in the innovation performance of emerging market enterprises: Evidence from China”, Technovation (SSCI), Vol.62-63, 4-13.
4. Teng, D., and Yi, J. (2017), “Impact of Ownership Types on R&D Intensity and Innovation Performance—Evidence from Transitional China”, Frontiers of Business Research in China, Vol.11, No.1, 101-137.
5. Yi, J., Wang, C., and Kafouros, M. (2015), “Spillover Effects of Foreign Direct Investment: How do Region-specific Institutions Matter?” Management International Review (SSCI), Vol.55, No.4, 539-561.
6. Yi, J., Wang, C., Kafouros, M., and Yan, Y. (2015), “Under What Institutional Conditions do Business Groups Enhance Innovation Performance?” Journal of Business Research (SSCI), Vol.68, No.3, 694-702.
7. Yi, J., and Liu, X. (2014), “Noise Trader Model of Agricultural Product Prices: Evidence from the Chinese Garlic Market”, Frontiers of Business Research in China, Vol.8, No.3, 327-345.
8. Yi, J. (2014),“Firm Heterogeneity, Sunk Costs, Spatial Characteristics, and Export Market Participation: Evidence from China”, Journal of International Trade & Economic Development (SSCI), Vol.23, No. 3, 361-386.
Key community services
Track Chair at AIB 2018 annual meeting, Minneapolis, USA, June 25-28, 2018. The track is about “MNE-state relations and international business policy”.
Research Fellow at Research Centre for Corporate Innovation and Competitiveness, Renmin University of China, P. R. China
Research Fellow at Centre for Global Finance, University of Nottingham Ningbo, P. R. China
Referees: Journal of International Business Studies, International Business Review, Journal of World Business, Journal of International Trade & Economic Development、The World Economy
Honors and Awards
2013 Beijing Higher Education Young Elite Teacher Project
2010 Outstanding Worker Award at Renmin University of China
2004 ORS Scholarship in UK Higher Education, UK
RMBS made the Top-50 list of MBA,
EMBA and EE programs——The Financial Times
@Business School, Renmin University of China 京ICP备05066828号-1