2002–2005 Finance and Accounting, Cardiff University
1994-1997 Accounting, Beijing Technology and Business University
1990-1994 Management, Beijing Technology and Business University
2014–Present Associate Professor and PhD Supervisor, Department of Accounting, Renmin University of China;
2008–2014 Lecturer, Department of Accounting, Renmin University of China;
2006–2008 Chief Financial Officer, Zhengzhou Vcom Electronic Technology Co., Ltd at IPO Stage;
1997–2002 Editor, Editorial Department, Finance and Accounting run by China State Finance Magazine Press.
Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Management Accounting, Auditing
Accounting Principles, Accounting, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Accounting Dissertation Writing (for Undergraduates);Accounting Research Design (a Master-Doctoral Continuous Syllabus) (for Research-based Masters);Accounting English (fo
1. Rongli Yuan and Wen Wen, 2017. Managerial foreign experience and corporate innovation. Journal of Corporate Finance (SSCI). Forthcoming.
2. Jian Sun, Rongli Yuan, Feng Cao, and Baiqiang Wang, 2017. Principal-principal agency problems and stock price crash risk: Evidence from the split-share structure reform in China. Corporate Governance: An International Review (SSCI), 25, 186-199.
3. Guoqiang Hu, Rongli Yuan*, and Jason Zezhong Xiao, 2017. Can independent directors improve internal control quality in China? The European Journal of Finance (SSCI), 23(7-9), 815-853.
4. Rongli Yuan, Jian Sun, and Feng Cao, 2016. Director’s and offices’ insurance and stock price crash risk. Journal of Corporate Finance (SSCI), 37, 173-192.
5. Rongli Yuan, Yingli Cheng, and Kangtao Ye, 2016. Auditor industry specialization and discretionary accruals: The role of client strategy. The International Journal of Accounting, 51(2), 217-239.
6. Kangtao Ye, Rongli Yuan*, and Yingli Cheng, 2014. Auditor experiences, accounting firm size, and client ownership. Frontiers of Business Research in China, 8(2), 206-226.
7. Rongli Yuan, Liming Chen, and Wen Wen, 2013. Voluntary disclosure of auditors’ report on internal control: Firm characteristics and economic consequences. Frontiers of Business Research in China, 7(4), 505-534.
8. Rongli Yuan, Jason Zezhong Xiao, and Hong Zou, 2009. The role of financial institutions in corporate governance: Interview evidence from China. British Journal of Management (SSCI), 20, 562-580.
9. Rongli Yuan, Jason Zezhong Xiao, and Hong Zou, 2008. Mutual funds’ ownership and firm performance: Evidence from China. Journal of Banking and Finance (SSCI), 32, 1552-1565.
10. Jian Sun, Rongli Yuan* and Baiqiang Wang, “Can ERP Implementation Really Enhance Firm Performance?” China Soft Science, No.8 (2017), pp.121-132;
11. Jian Sun, Baiqiang Wang and Rongli Yuan*, “
Rongli Yuan, 2014. Chinese Financial Institution Investors and Corporate Governance, Renmin University of China Press (funded by Social Science Monograph Publication Fund of Beijing City).
Key community services
1. Member of Editorial Board, China Journal of Accounting Studies (English Version)
2. Member of Academic Committee, Finance Research run by China State Finance Magazine;
3. Anonymous Reviewer of Journal of Banking & Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance: An International Review, International Business Review and other international journals;
4. Member, Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CICPA);
5. Member, Accounting Society of China.
Honors and Awards
2011 One of Nationwide Accounting Reserve Leaders in the Fourth Batch Selected by the Ministry of Finance (Academic Talent).
RMBS made the Top-50 list of MBA,
EMBA and EE programs——The Financial Times
@Business School, Renmin University of China 京ICP备05066828号-1